If you are homeless or having problems in your current housing, and are aged 16-25 the Sussex Central YMCA can help. Our Housing Advice drop-in at Ovest House offers advice on all aspects of housing and homelessness for young people.
Come down to our friendly drop-in centre to talk to one of our advisors or call the housing team on 01273 828828.
Drop-In times: 16-25 year olds Monday to Friday 9am – 12pm.
What We Can Help You With...
- Understanding your options
- Looking for accommodation
- Filling in forms
- Speaking to your landlord
- Understand your tenant rights and responsibilities
- Sorting out Benefits
- Accessing our Family Solutions service which provides support to young people and families.
- Learning about our Skills 4 Life course where you can learn pratcical skills for everyday living.
- Getting referred to our Supported Housing Schemes
- Meeting our specialist Private Rented Sector worker who can help with things like viewing properties, finding lettings agents and getting hold of deposit money
And We Can Help With Benefits...
Every Wednesday between 1pm-4pm a Housing Benefit worker is here from Brighton & Hove City Council. They can help with:
- Rapid reclaims
- Priority processing
- General enquiries
- Housing benefit top-up
We can also help if you are experiencing harassment or are unhappy with where you are living at the moment. We are open to all and we can arrange translators and deaf signers; we also work with refugees and people fleeing domestic violence.
Sussex Central YMCA housing services have professional trained workers and we have earned the Matrix Quality Mark for Information, Advice and Guidance.
Our work is recognised nationally
We have been working with Crisis to help them launch a toolkit for agencies setting up a PRS access scheme specifically for young people. We are proud to say that SCYMCA’s PRS advice and support drop-in has been named as examples of best practice.
You can access the toolkit on Crisis website.
WHERE ARE WE?
Sussex Central YMCA Housing Drop-In 2nd Floor
58 West Street
Telephone Number: 01273 828828
Fax Number: 01273 724780
Click here for a map and directions.
We are in between Heist and Yates, come through the glass doors and press the buzzer for 2nd floor, Sussex Central YMCA Housing