The Crawley Foyer
Provides housing to over 80 young people in a range of properties across Crawley. They support young people in housing crisis and inspire them to make positive changes to their lives by helping them with housing and employment opportunities.
They help young people overcome exclusion and disadvantages by providing opportunities to gain qualifications and training. The aim is to put young people in a good position to enter the world of work, gain independence and then to move out into a home of their own.
Each young person is assigned a key worker who will help them to identify targets and to work towards achieving goals that lead to independence. Support staff are available around the clock to provide a safe, secure environment along with support and advice.
Support and accommodation is available for a period of up to two years which gives the young person time to focus on achieving sustained education, training and employment. The Crawley Foyer service works in close partnership with a range of other agencies benefiting the residents by helping them overcome difficulties and go on to achieve their goals.
The Foyer main building includes a range of facilities that the service residents and partner agencies can benefit from:
- An IT suite provides all residents access to computers. These are often used for classes and job clubs.
- The main building residents each have a computer workstation in their bedroom.
- A Music Suite provides a space for budding DJs and singers to practice and record.
- A large Training Kitchen provides space for cooking classes and meals with family.
- Meeting rooms provide space for evening sessions such as art, gaming and movie nights.
You can make a difference to the lives of young people who live at the Crawley Foyer, here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Volunteer Sponsor a young person’s room
- Take part in a fundraising event
- Become a mentor to a resident
- Provide an apprenticeship or workexperience
If you are a referring agent and working with a young person who could benefit from our service please contact us for vacancy details and referral information.
If you are interested in supporting the work of The Crawley Foyer contact us:
Tel: 01293 514222
Fax: 01293 544872