Volunteers are a crucial part of Sussex Central YMCA, currently 40% of our staff are volunteers and form an invaluable part of our team. Given the wide range of activities and services we have at Sussex Central YMCA, there are volunteering opportunities to suit everyone, of all ages, skills and interests.
Volunteering can have a positive impact on your life too:
- Build up your confidence and self esteem - do things you always wanted to or maybe even thought you couldn’t
- Gain new skills- get hands on experience alongside trained workers
- Make new friends - meet and mix with lots of people from all different backgrounds
- Boost your job opportunities - 73% of employers would employ a candidate with volunteering experience over one without
- Have fun - the key to volunteering is enjoying yourself!
Volunteers enhance the lives of the groups they work with and play a distinct valuable role alongside paid workers. But importantly, we want you to have a rewarding and beneficial experience.
How to get involved?
Sussex Central YMCA likes to put volunteers where they will get most out of the expereince so...
- What are your interests, skills, and experiences?
- Do you come under one of specific volunteer projects below?
- 16-25 year olds - get in contact with Human Resources on 01273 222550 or email@example.com to find out more
If not, contact the individual project for more details by looking at our volunteer vacancies page.